Maruti Automatic cars sales reach 10 lakhs

India’s no 1 carmaker, Maruti Suzuki recently crossed another milestone by selling over 10 lakh Automatic cars in the country. The company claims that with this achievement, it has now become India’s leading player in the automatic transmission cars segment, and this means Maruti captured another segment when last month they announced they also became the largest SUV maker in India.

Maruti Suzuki no1 maker of automatic cars

Maruti Suzuki becomes leader of Automatic cars segment

There are a total of 16 models from the brand that are available with 4 different automatic gearboxes (AMT, 4-speed Torque converter, 6-speed torque converter and e-CVT). On a more individual level, the AMT cars accounts for 65%, while the torque converters nad e-CVT cover 27% and 8% respectively.

Maruti Suzuki

Talking about the retail channels, in Maruti Suzuki’s NEXA chain of dealerships, car models like the Grand Vitara and Baleno accounts for 58% of the automatic sales, while credit for the remaining 42% goes to car models like Alto K10, Wagon R, Brezza and Swift of the Maruti Suzuki Arena dealerships. The MPV’s from the NEXA dealerships – Invicto and Grand Vitara, come in strong-hybrid variants and hence but contributed by having the e-CVT gearboxes.

Automatic gearbox

There’s been a surge in demand for the automatic transmissions in India, and Maruti Suzuki took full advantage of this market trend shift, but also made some handy obervations. The brand says, the most demand for automatic car models has been seen coming from regions like Delhi and NCR, Maharastra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana, Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh. To back up this, the brand also added that it has sold almost 1 lakh sales of automatic cars in this financial year.

Types of AT

Talking about the car types, Maruti’s automatic car line-up has the 5-speed AMT which can be found in S-Presso, Alto, Baleno, Ignis, Swift, Wagon R, Fronx and Celerio. The 4-speed torque converter is used by Ciaz and Jimny, while the newer 6-speed gearbox is used by the Fronx, Ertiga, Brezza, XL6, and Grand Vitara. Last but not the least, the Grand Vitara also has a e-CVT gearbox variant, same as the new Invicto.

See also  Nissan Magnite Facelift Spied, To Debut In December